Just look for any pharmacy to see that the offer of slimming pills like Rapid Slim, which promise to help you lose weight, is very varied. But are they really effective?
Take the time to walk. Furthermore, with the arrival of good weather, it is the best time to start enjoying this practice. You can burn between 4 and 5 calories per minute by walking. It is proven that people who walk lose weight faster than sedentary people.
Benefits of Walking
Following are the benefits of walking:
- You stimulate your metabolism. With each step you take, hundreds of muscles burn these calories and thus prevent them from turning into fat.
- You improve your muscles. When you walk at a good pace, insulin secretion decreases, and other hormones that transform the fatty acids in your body into energy to perform the exercise increase and you lose fat, but you gain muscle.
- Improve intestinal transit. The vibrations that your body produces when you walk to promote the movements of the colon and the small intestine, which helps accelerate your emptying rate and combat constipation. At the same time, you reduce abdominal bloating and eliminate toxins.
- Increase your self-esteem. Aside from physical improvements, regular sports practice has significant emotional benefits. When you exercise, you release endorphins (a hormone closely linked to the sensation of pleasure). This increases your well-being, which will help you to be consistent with exercise and have more self-control when it comes to eating or snacking between meals.
It is also beneficial for your health:
- In addition to losing weight, walking improves heart activity, prevents diseases such as cancer or Alzheimer’s, and improves your mood.
- It is good for your mind. Another North American research, in this case from Stanford University, has proven that the possibility of suffering a stroke in the elderly decreases by 57% if you walk at least 20 minutes a day.
- Prevents cancer. More than 50 studies reviewed by the British Journal of Cancer have found that walking prevents colon cancer and cuts the risk of developing breast cancer in half.
Types of Walks
How far should you walk? To benefit from the benefits of walking, we propose a progressive plan with three types of walks, which increase in difficulty.
1. Basic Hike for Beginners
For its effects to be visible you must walk one hour a day. This is the time it takes your metabolism to start “burning” fat.
Take advantage of a known route in your town or city, but remember that you must go at a constant pace and without stopping to look at windows.
How to do it: Warm up for 5 minutes first, walk briskly for 50 more minutes and spend the last 5 minutes cooling down. Your goal should be to improve little by little and not walk further or faster than someone else.
2. Intense but Controlled Walk
Once you are familiar with the basic technique of walking, it is time to insert a few minutes of more intense exercise into your route that will help you expand even more energy. Take shorter steps and achieve more speed exponentially. You can also choose to climb a hill and you will burn 40% more energy.
Read more: 5 Visual Signs That You Are a healthy Person
How to do it: After 5 minutes of warm-up, Increase your pace and spend 5 minutes for cooling down.
3. Combo Walk to Lose Weight Even Faster
It’s proven that if you change your pace while exercising, you burn more fat. Once you have acquired a better physical shape, we suggest that on your outings you alternate walking with light running.
Objective is to walk seven km in one hour on a route that allows to walk and run at the same time. You can also define your silhouette since running you put many more muscles into operation.
Check more: 5 Weight Loss Suggestions by Dietitians
How to do it right: After 5 minutes of warm-up, walk very fast or run 10 more minutes, stop to stretch another 5 minutes, accelerate the step 15 minutes more, to do toning exercises again, accelerate the step again 15 minutes, and ends up cooling. It is important to stop and do stretching or toning exercises such as squats to stretch the muscles in your legs.
Perfect Time For Walk:
Morning and late afternoon. If you do walk it in the morning so it helps you start the day with energy and if you will do it in the late afternoon so it can help you to eliminate tension and you will sleep much better.