Do you know the failure rate of any product launch in the food sector is around 60 to 70%? According to the Nielsen Study report, more than 80% of the food products fail when it is launched in the market. In the past few years, customer’s inclination towards online food ordering is increasing because it is a convenient way to order and enjoy a favorite meal at home.
In this connected world where customers spend most of their time on their smartphones and tablets, checking online ratings and reviews.
Before we get started with social media strategies, let’s go through a few important numbers that reflect the importance of social media for your food delivery business.
- 65% of the restaurant owners use social media for advertising as it is the most effective strategy from 2017 and onwards.
- 37% of customers use social media to research brands, products, or restaurants before making decisions.
- 49% of users learn about new restaurants or new dishes through social networks.
Hence, food delivery businesses need to get their social media game strong to boost sales.
# Discover Where Your Users Are
This is the first and most important step that leads you towards success. Once you are done with the development of a website and app for your food delivery business, the very next step is to engage with a number of customers through social media. It would help if you were on the same network where your customers are.
The above statistics represent that Facebook (2.5 billion active users) is dominating when it comes to engaging with a number of users. Publishing content at platforms where your audience is inactive, it feels like shouting your message in a crowded room.
We are all aware that the majority of the younger generation prefer to order through doordash similar app for food delivery. Make sure you have added the top three social networks ( Instagram, Facebook & WhatsApp) sharing options within your app. It will increase app downloads and boost visibility.
Don’t make the long list because you have to maintain and publish content on these as well. Once you are done with the list, doing in-depth competitor research will give you a brief idea of how they increase followers and how they engage with maximum people.
You can note down their number of followers on each social network, so you will come to know on which platform the audience is more active. As we have discussed earlier, more people are ordering food after reading reviews on Facebook.
Review the results of each platform and start publishing content for the better output.
# Post As Often As Possible
Social media is an ongoing process. If you want to get a maximum food delivery order request, you have to stay active on social media all the time. You should try to engage with more and more users in a personalized way. It will make your page more visible.
Here we have addressed some consideration related to your social media activities.
- No matter what, do not stop publishing content. Feed your followers with unique and informative content. Don’t let them forget you. Publish pics of delicious dishes once in a day.
- Use multiple social media channels to promote your food delivery business. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are some of the popular networks that allow you to engage with the number of users.
- Moreover, publish your post at the right time. Buffer and Hootsuite are the best social media scheduling tools that allow you to gain more visibility for your post. Interact with other people; you can also check out your competitor’s page so that you will come to know what you can offer something unique to grab the user’s attention.
Along with these, many other social media marketing activities help you promote your online food delivery business.
# Respond To Your Reviews
In the on-demand sector, rating and reviews are playing an important role as it allows customers to choose your product or service over anyone else. Reputation management is everything for an online food delivery business. A few negative reviews can ruin your delivery business’s image in the market, and you may lose potential customers.
Luckily, more than 70% of the users say that they are more likely to order food from a brand that responds quickly to them on social media. If you get a negative review regarding services, respond to them immediately, resolve any questions, and increase the customer retention ratio.
Moreover, ratings and reviews allow you to know your weaknesses and strengths; customers also feel valued if you respond to their comments and take the initiative to improve.
By implementing these three tips, you will gradually see increased engagement across your social media profiles to build brand awareness and generate revenue for your online food delivery business. There are many other social media marketing tools, but make sure you choose the best form because all are not reliable and effective.
These types of social media marketing strategies build trust and increase brand visibility among users effectively.