Telehealth software development service is undoubtedly the most efficient evolution in the entire medical realm. Telehealth software act like a core feature that balances the communication between a patient and a doctor. The Indian healthcare capabilities witnessed an imbalance just like a seesaw while covid-19 continued to hit every continent of the country.
But Telehealth software systems proved nothing but a blessing to us in such critical times. With the help of advanced technologies Telehealth software helps a patient suffering from any illness to contact a specialized doctor in no time. The entire treatment process just needs any device be it iOS, Android, Windows, and a front-facing camera.
Advantages of Telehealth software development service:
- Telehealth software is like a mixed bag of the invention which includes a lot of benefits for everyone from a patient, physicians to the entire hospital/clinic staff.
- Best telehealth software eases the shortage of primary care doctors and physicians.
- In the geographically remote and isolated regions where people lack proper healthcare facilities, with the help of Telehealth softwares people can receive timely medical assistance.
- Telehealth software development broadens the area of medical care to patients who are ill with chronic illness.
- The tremendous advantage of Telehealth software applications is that it opens up new opportunities to more patients whether they live in rural areas or even in urban areas.
- Telehealth softwares influence the patients for immediate acceptance of the demanding technologies to enhance their health.
In short, the telehealth software development service provides the following services for the patients:
- list of doctors
- Video and audio calls
- Treatment plans
- Customer support
- Integration with other health apps
Doctor’s portal characteristics:
- Medical practitioner profile
- Video and audio calls
- Remote patient monitoring
- Electronic health records
- Account moderation and support
- Continuous medical education
Telehealth softwares are further classified into 3 different types
1. Store and Forward:
This is the first kind that facilitates and simplifies the exchange of the medical documents and information of the patients to the different hospitals, doctors, clinic staff, etc.
This helps to secure the sensitive medical data of patients to reach the right place at the right time.
2. Remote monitoring:
This is the second type of Telehealth software development service where it curtails the expenses and works to enhance the patient outcomes keeping in priority the satisfaction too.
This assistance is proved to be extremely helpful for the patients who are suffering from persistent and chronic diseases like for example a heart attack.
This type assists to keep a proper check of the patient’s medical signs and indications.
3. Real-time interaction:
This is the third kind which helps in a smooth and interactive communication process between a patient and a physician. The major aim of these services is for proving initial and primary care to the patients. manages the appointments, supervises the follow-up visits, etc.
Even when we are getting used to the coronavirus pandemic Telehealth softwares will continue to thrive in the coming future because the need for virtual care will grow simultaneously.
History/ Evolution of telehealth software and how did the telehealth software come into use?
The existence of Telehealth softwares is not new. It’s just that in recent times we can see a huge surge in the utilization of the telehealth software developments service.
One of the earliest adoptions of telehealth technologies came into existence when casualties and injuries were reported during a civil war and the medical supplies were also ordered using the telegraph, telephone, radio.
1940: First radiologic images were exchanged between 2 medical experts located in different health centers in Pennsylvania which were 24 miles apart from each other.
1959: The clinicians at the University of Nebraska set up two-way television to transmit video to medical students across campus from each other.
1964: The video transmitted on television in 1959 was used again with patients and doctors at a state hospital.
1970: Healthcare providers at Norfolk state hospital started using video conferencing equipment which allowed physicians and patients in different physical locations to consult each other.
The high usage of the internet and the entry of mobile phones have changed the way telehealth software development service works today.
Now there are easy-to-use web and mobile apps that allow patients to connect with their healthcare professionals and physicians from everywhere and anywhere.
Telehealth software development services is used by:
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Clinical psychologists
- Registered dieticians/nutrition professionals
Cons of Telehealth software development service:
- Privacy issues
- Technical problems
- all the doctors do not offer it because they are unable to get the hang of it
- There can be Apparent electronic problems faced by both patients as well as doctors
- Lesser opportunity for clinical examination
- Internet issue can create treatment difficulty
- Even on video calls observation is limited
- Lost clinical information
- Hamper patient and doctor relationship
- If not on video nonverbal clues are missed
- Palpation/percussion out of the question
- The clinic setting allows observation of gait
- Misleading results due to technology limitations
- Varying levels of regulations regarding telehealth
- It is not affordable for a small doctors office
- The health insurance companies are not ready to cover the expenses yet
- Possible Job losing is witnessed
In light of the above words, we can see that the role of telehealth software development service is spanning out widely. Both doctors and patients are observed to use these applications during the coronavirus pandemic because Telehealth softwares are certainly the best mode to transfer the right treatment to patients who are in urgent need of medicines.
A lot of people are turning toward using these applications. After all, they are finding the setup more convenient and accessible because they do not have to put in a lot of effort to get timely treatment from specialized doctors.
Patients can effortlessly just log into their profiles and select the doctors according to their needs and there you go!
Common Telehealth software uses:
- Medication management
- Disaster relief
- Pediatric treatment
- Medical emergencies
- Ambulance treatment
- Chronic disease management
- Virtual treatment
Medical specialties that involve Telehealth softwares include:
- Chronic disease
- Mental health
When you are planning to opt for a telehealth software development service you should keep in mind the following aspects:
It should have:
- Assistive technology
- HIPAA Compliant
- EMR/EHR integration
- HL7 Interface and many more.