Mobile usage in this modern world has been increased where the smartphone users were larger. People mostly invest their time on the internet to surf, chat, etc, and even application usage has been increased where most of the app developers working to the future to make changes in society. And as per statista, 442 million smartphone users are there across the world. As the user is getting an increase for mobile with lots of android apps, it is necessary to use the antivirus for protection or prevent from data leaks which cant threats your privacy.
So, we have listed some of the best free Android antivirus apps which are available in the Google Play store.
Top 7 Best Android Antivirus Apps for 2019
1. McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee has already famous and won many awards based on secure of apps. It has most of the advanced features such as anti-theft features, Wi-Fi security, battery optimize security lock,, memory cleaner, etc. which are there in the Android antivirus app with the free version. It has an instinctive interface, and a fine thing is that it provides tutorials for every feature. The pro version, however, comes down to only a few extra features, and it is costly compared to most Antivirus apps.
One of the defects in the app is that it carries a complex setup once you opt for the pro version. And this app is one of the best apps for Android when it comes to protecting your smartphone.
Special Features of McAfee Mobile Security
- Thief cam is there for capturing the photographs of the invader.
- We can remotely wipe the data in case of theft or loss of a mobile phone.
- Anti-theft uninstall protection to stop a thief from uninstalling the antivirus app.
- It also enhances for Android Wear devices.
2. Avast Mobile Security
It secures and protects a lot of smartphone users worldwide on multiple platforms. With a single tap, the antivirus engine scans for any dangerous or infected apps and trojans and provides complete protection against spyware and viruses. It has some in-app purchases with which you can remove ads and access the app locking facility, along with some other advanced features like SIM security, camera trap, etc.
And the free version integrates some amazing features for providing all-around protection against viruses and other threats that can affect your smartphone. With all these fantastic features, Avast Mobile security is a worthy contender for best free antivirus for Android.
Special Features Of Avast Mobile Security
- It has a feature of application insights for viewing the time that you spends on each app.
- Junk Cleaner for wiping cache and residual files.
- And there is a feature called Photo vault for securing the photographs against unwanted access.
- Web shield for safe web browsing.
3. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
It is one of the remarkable security apps among the Indian app developers and the best antivirus apps for Android os. It has a free version too with in-app premium purchases and a paid version. The features of free version manually scanning of apps for malware and viruses, and it is premium features include real-time protection, anti-theft,, and an app locker to provide extra protection to your essential apps. And even you can access all the premium features for a free trial for 30 days.
Special Features of Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
- It has Call filter for blocking the unwanted calls and spam calls.
- checks background application for checking malware in downloaded apps.
- The special feature is that to find your phone for locating your phone if lost.
- And Strong protection against viruses, trojans, and malware.
4. Norton Security & Antivirus
Norton antivirus software has the latest version which offers impressive Android security features even in the free version. This app provides a cent percent detection rate and removes spyware or Android viruses which slowdowns your device. It can also trigger an alarm to find your missing device, remotely lock your device to prevent data theft, or block unwanted calls or SMS.
It can separate by stand-alone apps like as app locker and password manager which are there for free in the Play Store. The pro version features are available for a trial period of 30 days. Overall, Norton Security is one of the most securable and best antiviruses for android.
Special Features of Norton Security and Antivirus
- It notifies you about unsecured Wi-Fi connections while scanning Wi-Fi.
- It has a Safe Search for flagging the unsafe websites during surfing.
- You can block the call for muting spam and unwanted calls.
- There is a Sneak Peek to click photographs of someone who is accessing your device without any of your authority.
5. Sophos Mobile Security
Sophos is the best performer from the AV-TEST. It is a free security app for Android apps which don’t display any ads and its feature-rich too. In addition, to obtain proper malware protection, you can have access to lose and theft protection, app locker, security adviser that gives you advice on how to improve device security, call blocker, authenticator, etc.
The antivirus app has more than 1 million downloads on the Play Store and does the job of protection against malware, viruses, and trojans that could hamper the performance of your smartphone.
Special Features of Sophos
- It has the feature of Web filtering for blocking malicious websites.
- It also protects apps with a passcode.
- Wi-Fi security is there to protect you from snooping by middlemen.
- The call protection for blocking spam calls is amazing.
6. Bitdefender Antivirus Free
This Antivirus is Free and powerful antivirus tool that offers protection against all major Android threats with less storage of usage and that uses the scanning technology of scanning that results in rapid scanning ability. It doesn’t slowdowns your device or drains your battery. It offers real-time protection and scan apps as they are installed on your device.
It has also a paid version (Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus), which gives free with 14 days of trial. To access more advanced features of Bitdefender such as Malware scanner, account privacy, web security, Anti-theft, and App locker, you should try out the paid version.
Special Features of Bitdefender Antivirus
- It is Integrated with VPN for accessing blocked websites.
- Smart unlock is there to unlock the apps when it is connected to a trusted Wi-Fi.
- The web protection for scanning adware, malware can be done during browsing.
7. Security Master
An upgraded version security master has a Security app for Android. It is an all-rounder antivirus app to be used in 2019 that has a considerable number of downloads along with good ratings in the Play Store. It makes your phone safe from all sorts of malware, virus and makes sure that no viruses get into your phone. The free version itself brings you tons of great security features such as app locker, scanner, message security, Wi-Fi security, junk cleaner, notification cleaner, phone booster, CPU cooler, battery saver, call blocker, etc.
It enables you to browse any of your needed sites such as Twitter, YouTube, etc. safely from within the application. In that way, security master is an excellent security app that can be best among the free android antivirus apps.
Special Features of Security Master
- The VPN which is Safeconnect for accessing websites that are blocked in your region.
- It to have an anti-theft alarm.
- The Message security features for hiding notification previews.
- Invaderselfie for capturing prowler.
Conclusion: Most of the app development companies preferred the above apps to secure your mobile from antivirus and various malware. Thus the above-listed apps are ordered based on various user reviews.