Beard is a symbol of masculinity. Many men are keeping their beards long. It has become like a competition where some opt for Beard transplant to achieve a longer and thicker beard.
You may be skeptical about beard implants. Maybe you have never witnessed anyone who transformed his beard from scanty to dense. Well, it is hard to tell since a beard transplant gives a natural-looking outcome. You will need someone to tell you that they had an implant. So, how do you get a beard transplant?
What is a Beard Transplant?
A Beard transplant is a beard created at the doctor’s office. They take hair follicles from your scalp or other body parts and transplant them to the beard area. The process is simple. It is no different from a scalp hair transplant; The tools and methods are the same.
The hype about beards started when people embraced no-shave November. It was an attempt to show corporates that Beards are not bad and cannot hinder one from working. Some men have embraced wearing their beards long all year through.
Beard can make a man gain confidence. It also makes him attractive, and many women prefer men with beards. Thus, it is a worthy investment.
Why Beards Lack Thickness?
There are several reasons why your beard lacks thickness. Most of these reasons are out of your control, for instance. You cannot control your genetics, yet they are the primary reason you have scanty and patchy beards. You can achieve a beard that is not within your genetic lineup through a beard transplant.
Hormones control a lot of methods in the body-including hair growth. Hormonal imbalance can cause patchy and scanty beards.
Alopecia Arteta is uncommon in men. But when it happens, it causes bald patches on the beard area. Such a man would opt to clean shave to hide the patches. The only permanent solution he needs is a beard transplant.
Your lifestyle will also affect hair growth. Your diet, exercise, and sleep patterns affect your body function. The effects are visible on your skin and hair. Thus, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle to have a thick beard.
Methods of Beard Transplant
There are two methods that a doctor may use to perform a beard transplant. The first is the Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT). In this method, the doctor can only extract hair grafts from the back of your scalp. He or she will cut a strip of grafts and stitch together the open wound. Then divide the strip into micrografts of 1-2 follicles. The doctor would then transplant the grafts to the outlined beard area.
The second method is follicular unit extraction(FUT)- The method allows the doctor to extract hair follicles from other parts. The common recipient sites are the scalp, chest, and legs. In a FUT transplant, the doctor will extract one follicle at a time. He stores them in sterile storage to keep them fresh before they finish extraction.
Before any of the methods start, the doctor outlines the beard area in your desired shape. After extraction and graft preparation, they prepare the beard area for transplant. The doctor will make needle incisions in the angle of the existing beard flow. This process occurs after graft extraction so that the doctor does not make more or less incision than required. The planting of the graft happens soon after. The whole process happens under local anesthesia.
What Does Beard Transplant Achieve?
A beard transplant has several uses. First, it helps you get the desired thickness of your beard. It also helps you fill the patches caused by alopecia Arteta.
You can create a beard with beard implants if yours is absent. Another way to use the transplant is to correct the beard shape, fix a light-colored beard, add a mustache, and fix non-homogenous porosity.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Beard Transplant
There are several advantages of beard transplant. They are enticing and encouraging. They will show you why you need to drop the topical treatments for beard implants.
- A Beard transplant gives you natural-looking results. Also, you do not need to find a donor for the hair grafts. All you need is to be healthy for the past three months before the transplant.
- A beard transplant will help boost your self-esteem. You will look more attractive. Some people view bearded men as wider men. When you look down history, most great philosophers had beards.
- Beard transplants have a short recovery period. You can also resume your regular schedule the following day after the transplant.
- Doctors prefer the FUE transplant for the beard. Thus, it leaves you with no linear scar. The process is also relatively painless. You can ease minor discomforts with a mild painkiller.
- Beard transplant offers a permanent solution to scanty beards. You’ll no longer need to use the topical treatments that offer temporary results. You can also create a natural beard on a bare face.
- Beard transplants are more expensive than other beard solutions. However, you will get a permanent solution, making it a worthy investment.
- You will need to sacrifice hair from other parts of the body. In most cases, the doctor gets the hair from the scalp, reducing the hair density in your head.
- You may experience post-anesthesia effects. Thus, you will need to set aside a whole day for the procedure despite taking a few hours to have the transplant done.
Beard implants came to save the face of masculinity. Any man can have a thick beard of his preferred shape. The process is easy and will only require a few hours. You donate hair follicles from your scalp to get your dream beard.