Since the release of the new version of Windows 10, users have begun to receive messages that the system periodically issues driver errors. However, a warning code may appear during installation or operating system updates.
For many users the upgrade goes without any issues, but in some cases there are problems. All users are familiar with the situation when the system asks to restart the computer to install updates.
Often, after a reboot, the system displays the message “Windows 10 driver error“, or “could not complete the update”. It is recommended to check if the programs are not installed or updated. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Notification Center.
- Then in All settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Then go to the Update Center.
- And open the Update Log.
- This tab will display a list of all drivers that require installation or update. The message “Failed to install” will be present next to those programs that the system could not update. There are many reasons for the errors. And they are different for every driver package.
Error Installing Nvidia Windows 10 Driver
A message about a problem with installing (updating) video card programs appears for various reasons. The most common of them are virus infections, problems with the hard drive, conflict with the drivers of the motherboard or sound card.
To fix Nvidia’s error, you need to uninstall old programs and install new versions. You need to restart your computer and install the new version of the program from the official website.
If after an installation of the drivers the system continues to display an error, you can try reinstalling them manually. This is quite simple to do:
- Delete the previous version of the program via Explorer.
- Restart your PC.
- Open Device Manager and choose Video adapters from the list.
- Then you need to select the item Update drivers.
- Then we search for drivers on this PC (by selecting the appropriate item in the list).
- We select the folder into which the file should be unpacked, it is recommended to select C:\NVIDIA and click Next.
- Wait a several minutes to install the program.
- Restart the PC again.
- If the problem appeared after manual installation, you should check your hard drive and video card. Perhaps these components are badly damaged and require treatment or complete replacement.
AMD Driver Error on Windows 10
If the user encounters a video driver error (the message “The video driver stopped responding and has successfully reinstalled” appears), the program must be rolled back. It can be done through the Device Manager tab.
Another simple solution to the AMD malfunctioning problem is to update the driver. This method can be used if no third-party utilities were used during the installation of the application.
Universal Audio Driver Error on Windows 10
After upgrading Windows 10, most users experience no sound issue on computer or decreased sound intensity on their device. In most cases, this situation occurs due to a generic audio driver error. Before fixing the problem, you should run an automatic sound check:
The mouse cursor should be placed over the speaker icon.
Right-click and select Detect Sound Problems from the list that appears. The diagnostic wizard will automatically identify the cause of the problem and try to solve it on its own.
Learn more: How to Fix WordPress Memory Exhausted Error
If the diagnostics did not give results, you need to check the status of the drivers. When identifying the problem, we roll back or completely reinstall the program.
If the sound becomes quiet, the system settings will help fix the problem. You need to go to the list of playback devices, and then to the properties of the sound equipment.
Here you need to go to Additional features and disable all effects. Then you need to return to the list of devices, go to Communication and check the box next to the item No action required.
Windows 10 Keyboard Driver Error
If the keyboard stops working after updating the operating system, the problem can be fixed as follows:
Analyze Windows 10 updates.
- If the keyboard drivers are not updated correctly, you need to roll back or reinstall them.
- If Windows 10 bluetooth driver error occurs (wireless keyboard not working), you need to check the driver status. To do this, go to the Task Manager and check if there is a red or yellow icon opposite the programs. If this happens, you should remove the programs and wait for the operating system to install them automatically. If this does not happen, you will have to reinstall them manually from the official website. It is also necessary to proceed if a Windows 10 mouse driver error occurs.
Automatically Update Windows Drivers Through Update Center
The Windows Update system in the top ten, along with OS components, also updates drivers, including those for rare devices. The installation takes place in the background, however, if automatic updating is disabled for one reason or another, you can start the search for new drivers manually.
This method is the simplest: it does not require additional software, the system does everything by itself. It’s easy to use the built-in tool:
- Click Start and go to All parameters. You can also go to the section through the notification panel.
- We open Update and Security.
- From the list on the left side of the screen, select the item Windows Update and on the right click Check for Updates.
When the process is complete, the computer will need to be restarted. The list of installed control programs can be checked through the Windows update log in the Driver Updates section.
Automatic Driver Update via Third-Party Software
Some people think that utilities that can search and install drivers automatically are perfect for inexperienced users. In fact, this is not the case: such software becomes a useful tool only for those who understand what they are doing.
Know more: How To Update PHP In WordPress?
Many programs update drivers not individually, but all at once, even for those devices that work fine. In the worst case, this leads to crashes, so programs need to be configured expertly.
We recommend to use ITL Driver Updater for automatic driver updates without any tension and time wasting from your side. It is a trustworthy software to fix outdated drivers or even missing or corrupted ones.