For many coffee lovers, coffee is known as more than just a beverage they drink. People who rely on their mornings with a caffeine fix have made it their way of life. Having a flat white or cortado in the morning not only motivated them to work hard in the morning but also make sure that the stuff gets done. The coffee lovers actually live and breathe their coffee. In this article, you can read the difference between the light roast vs dark roast coffee.
If this is the same methodology you follow, then there is something more you are looking to fill your day, by that we mean not only with some mugs of caffeine but also with the coffee-related content. Many of the people get highly confused in selecting their brew. Some of them are actually specific but few of us just manage to deal with any sort. Over here we are ready to tell you the basic difference between light and dark roast coffee along with their health benefits.
Know more: How to make whipped coffee with ground coffee?
At first, you need to understand that there are many changes that occur during the roasting of the coffee, which means that the end product completely depends on the physiological and chemical composition of the bean.
Now let us know the difference between light roast coffee beans and dark roast coffee.
What is the difference between the light roast vs dark roast?
In the light roast coffee, the process involves the shortest amount of time so the coffee beans can easily retain much of their original flavor. It would be more of an acidic roast and is rich in antioxidants and more caffeinated than the other roasts.
To emphasize it more by light roasting the beans for the shortest amount of time. In this, the light roast coffee beans are placed in a roaster at a specific temperature from 350 to 400-degree Fahrenheit. After that, the roasting of the beans comes to an end as they reach an internal temperature of 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
At the time of this procedure, one can hear the coffee beans making the sound or it is also known as coffee lingo meaning the first crack. In many places, the beans removed from the roaster immediately after the first crack are known as light roast beans. The lightly roasted coffee beans are also known as the light city, half city, cinnamon roast, and New England roast.
And in the dark roast coffee, is roasted for the longest period of time. After roasting for so long it tends to create a stronger taste that is smokey and bitter. It comprises the least amount of caffeine and can also boost the antioxidant glutathione.
The dark roast coffee and its counterparts are the most dramatic. In this process, the beans are roasted for the longest at a specific temperature that is 440 Fharenite. After the second crack or shortly after that you can acquire your dark roasted beans.
Read more: Can drinking 100% fruit juice not raise diabetes risk?
It is also known as the full city roast, Vienna roast, after dinner roast, french roast, and Italian roast.
As you are familiar with the basic difference of the Light Roast vs Dark Roast Coffee and the process of lightly roasted coffee and dark roasted coffee, let us now have a look at the health benefits of both –
Light Roast Coffee Beans Health Benefits-
- As you are familiar, lightly roasted coffee undergoes the process of mild heating as compared to dark roast coffee, therefore it tends to have more natural benefits than dark roasted coffee.
- Light Roast coffee comprises more chlorogenic acid in comparison with dark coffee. The chlorogenic acid is a phytochemical that helps to promote the activity of antioxidants and it also maintains a balance in the level of sugar in the blood.
- As the human body ages, it becomes more prone to low levels of inflammation, due to which over here the light roast coffee helps to reduce the inflammation and acts as a precursor to other life-threatening ailments such as heart attack, hypertension, and arteriosclerosis.
- The consumption of lightly roasted coffee beans is beneficial to every age group and the chlorogenic acid makes up about 12% of the dry coffee beans. It provides the body with similar effects to those with caffeine and is less potent.
- The light roast coffee beans help to increase the brain’s alertness and ability to remember things as they improve the reaction time and the ability to be logical in thinking when you are required to stay up. It is also a natural remedy to relieve the pain due to sleep deprivation. Along with that it also offers an efficient way to clear up the colon and also protects from the accumulation of toxic waste residing in the colon.
- Since ancient times caffeine is known to be a vital compound in stimulating hair growth. In fact, consuming light roast coffee helps to prevent hair loss and balding. If you are looking forward to maintaining a natural hairline then it is essential for you to know that light roast coffee helps you to maintain it without any medication.
- Because of the high caffeine content, light roast coffee is important in preventing Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. When one gets older, the amount of antioxidants in the body decreases, making one more vulnerable to brain ailments caused by elevated levels of free radicals in the body. Light roast coffee’s high caffeine content aids in the battle against free radicals, allowing the brain to remain alert.
Learn more: Health Benefits of drinking Water Every Morning
Dark Roast Coffee Beans Health Benefits-
- In most Americans’ diets, dark roast coffee is one of the best sources of antioxidants. These antioxidants give coffee its dark, rich brown color, and they can help fight free radicals, which cause cellular damage and have been linked to cancer. As a result, frequent coffee drinkers have a lower chance of developing a variety of cancers, including colorectal cancer.
- Dark roast coffee is a high-caffeine beverage with many brain-boosting properties. Caffeine consumption has been related to a decreased risk of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and cognitive decline. Caffeine consumption on a regular basis can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in particular. Coffee has also been linked to a reduced risk of Parkinson’s disease, which is brought about by the death of some brain cells.
- Your liver plays an important role in your health by filtering your blood, storing energy, and producing important liquids for your digestive system. Coffee will potentially aid in the maintenance of a healthy liver. Drinking dark roast coffee on a daily basis will help lower the risk of liver cirrhosis, or scarring. Coffee consumption on a regular basis will lower the risk of liver cancer by up to 40%.
Which One Is Better – Light roast coffee beans Vs Dark roast coffee beans?
Finally, for those of you who enjoy coffee, it’s time to figure out which is the better option. This decision, like most others, should be based on your personal preferences.
Do you like strong coffee with a lot of flavors? Do you want a little oomph in every sip? How do you want to drink something with a little less thickness with each sip?
Read more: drink Up: Is drinking Cold Water During or After Exercise Good or Bad
Do you want something brighter or more “acid”?
If you answered yes to the questions above, medium roast coffee is what you’re looking for. Coffee with a light roast is ideal for those who want a hint of adventure in their cup.
Leave a comment