Can you explain the term .NET Core? Anyone who understands the types of .NET core platforms? What are the basic characteristics of the .NET core?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
.NET Core Definition: Microsoft's .NET Framework, a free, open-source, general-purpose programming platform, has a new version called .NET Core. It's a multi-platform framework that works with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The .NET Core Framework can be used to make various types of apps, involvinRead more
.NET Core Definition:
Microsoft’s .NET Framework, a free, open-source, general-purpose programming platform, has a new version called .NET Core. It’s a multi-platform framework that works with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
The .NET Core Framework can be used to make various types of apps, involving mobile, desktop, online, cloud, IoT, machine learning, microservices, games, etc.
.NET Core is a cross-platform framework built from the ground up to be modular, lightweight, and fast. It contains the essential capabilities for running a basic .NET Core application. Other functionalities are available as NuGet packages, which you may integrate into your application as needed. As a result, the performance of the .NET Core application is improved, the memory footprint is reduced, and the application is easier to maintain.
Characteristics of .NET Core:
- Platform-agnostic: .NET Core is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems. Each operating system has its own runtime, which executes the code and produces the same results.
- Consistent across Architectures: Run the code in x64, x86, and ARM architectures with the same behaviour.
- Mobile, desktop, web, cloud, IoT, machine learning, microservices, games, and other applications can all be written and run on the .NET Core platform.
- .NET Core apps can be developed in C#, F#, or Visual Basic. You can use Visual Studio 2017/2019, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, Vim, and other IDEs.
- CLI Tools: For development and continuous integration, .NET Core contains CLI tools (Command-line Interface).
- .NET Core applications can be deployed user-wide, system-wide, or via Docker Containers.
- By following the .NET Standard specification is compatible with the .NET Framework and Mono APIs.
- NuGet packages are used to support .NET Core’s modular design. NuGet packages for different functionalities can be added to the .NET Core project as needed. NuGet packages are even available for the .NET Core library. Microsoft is the default NuGet package for .NET Core applications.
- It decreases memory usage, improves performance, and is simple to maintain in this manner.