“If you are tweeting how busy you are…you’re not busy.”
There’s the catch, and that’s exactly how the institution of marketing and communication works. You cannot come up with random tweets on a regular basis without the strong intention of upping the game. There has to be “something” to tweet about.
According to the latest information released by the Twitter Help Centre, the DM or the Direct Messages limit is 1,000 messages per day. Talking of Twitter marketing strategies, 60% of consumers expect brands to respond to their queries on Twitter within an hour.
In order to attend consumer grievances and resolve issues seamlessly, customer relationship managers count on Twitter DMs as an effective channel of communication.
Now that the social networking site has introduced a 1,000 character chat message feature, the question is how you would reach out to the maximum target consumers and attend all queries effectively?
Here’s everything you should know.
Respond to your followers individually
Do you know that 500 tweets are sent each day and 326 million people use Twitter every month? As a marketer, you would certainly not like to lag behind without exploring this platform as a major device of communication. Here’s how you can utilise the new DM norm for twitter to implement the perfect marketing strategy.
- Respond to individual customer service issues and specific set of questions via Direct Messages on Twitter.
- Customise all incentive schemes for consumers and send across the same to each one of them via Twitter DM.
- Now that you have 10,000 characters to foster customer engagement, come up with special discounts, provide some educational information about your products or services and conduct surveys.
- Define your brand to the new followers, provide them with information about free trials, e-guides and other perks you’ve got in store.
- Evaluate and identify the followers who are in the conversion funnels but are not actual consumers. Utilise engaging taglines, business Q&A, and other customised contents via DM to pave the way for an enhanced rate of conversions.
Enjoy the perk of effective customer care service
Now that the DM restriction of 140 characters has been lifted, promote your business to the fullest.
- The moment you would receive a tweet with a concern or issue, ping the consumer immediately via DM. You are no more required to narrow down the solution within 140 characters.
- DM will now allow you and your customers to discuss all issues in greater details.
- As a result, companies are able to resolve all issues without leaving Twitter.
- This leads to a happy customer base with enough time saved for the marketers to meet other aspects.
Run contests and competitions on Twitter via Direct Messages
Running a contest of Twitter has become easier than ever. Thanks to the DM. Marketers utilise it in an amazing way to get in touch with the prospective participants and keep them informed about the procedures needed to be followed in the contest.
As a matter of fact, Carlsberg achieved 96% retention of the new followers with one of their contests run during Euro 2016.
Take a look at the various ways to run successful promotional contests via Twitter DMs.
- Let the contestants know that their entries have been registered via Direct Messages.
- Announce the various phases of the competition, important dates and deadlines via periodical reminders sent via DM.
- Send Thank You messages to the participants for expressing their interests.
- Apart from all these, use Twitter DMs to create follow-up campaigns to build up concrete and promising consumer base.
Generate leads without the hassle
Just because you have a new follower on Twitter, it does not mean they are already on your Customer Relationship Management database. So, how about using Twitter DMs to create new clientele and ensure the coveted lead generation?
Here are the activities you should do in order to generate more leads via Twitter.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Twitter sales process, craft the content accordingly and share them via Direct Messages.
- Do not confuse your readers with multiple Call To Actions. Use only one.
- Think like your potential customers and refrain from spamming the DM space with unnecessary promoted contents.
The Twitter DM is a great option for marketers looking for promoting brand awareness. Or in case you are going to make a corporate announcement by sharing the latest CSR report, consider this platform for the coveted exposure.
Here’ how it helps:
- You are now entitled to use multimedia content in the Twitter DM to spread brand awareness effectively.
- From GIFs to Emojis and video contents, creative messages are a treat to the eyes of the target audience.
- Send across feedback forms and other interactive assignments for your audience to share their views regarding the brand.
Identify your key influencers and converse with them
Apart from leveraging the potential of Twitter DM to create brand awareness or generate more leads, marketers are able to identify key influencers across all industries. Twitter DM campaigns are used to establish strong relationships with potential brand ambassadors and micro-influencers.
- Begin a conversation with the identified influencers about involving them in the product launch.
- Create DM campaigns to work on your relationship with the influencers by offering them coupons, codes and other perks for endorsing your brand.
Now that you know how to utilise the all new Twitter DM to implement rewarding marketing strategies, know about the things one must avoid for seamless campaigning.
- Refrain from linking out in every post.
- Never insult others or post negative comments.
- Remember, too many hashtags would only spoil the content.
- Constantly retweeting is a big No-No.
- Product promotion is good, over-promotion is not.
- Don’t get involved in sensible topics just for the sake of product/service promotion.
- Do not follow everyone who follows you. Spammers or rivals might ruin your brand reputation.
So, it’s time for you to rearrange the essential points I have mentioned above, make note of each of the crucial findings, and strategise the perfect marketing campaign for the coveted ROI.
Keep tweeting, keep shining.
Author Bio: I am William Shell a Professional CDR Writer and Enthusiastic blogger. I am also associated with a reputed company for the past couple of years. Here, I deliver assignment help to students on their requests.