Summary: Today, email is the most widely used communication system for business and personal use. So, Creating data backup always provides security of data in data loss situations. Many users want to backup their data from one platform to another. However, in this article we will discuss how to backup Outlook emails to Gmail. Here, we will explain both manual and professional methods to transfer Outlook emails to Gmail.
Know the: Evolution Mail to Outlook 2019 migration
Gmail and Outlook both are popular email software in the world. Gmail is a commonly used email service by Google while Outlook is provided by Microsoft. Outlook has an OST file option that allows users to work offline and automatically synchronize once it connects to the server. Due to this, there may be chances of data loss. So, users prefer to move Outlook emails to Gmail.
Reasons to Backup Outlook Emails to Gmail
There are some reasons to export Outlook emails to Gmail, which are given below-
- Gmail is a free webmail account that can be accessed from anywhere and from any device.
- Gmail provides multiple amazing features and flexibility.
- The interface of Gmail is simple and easy to use as compared to Outlook.
- Gmail easily manages the data with multiple apps.
- It provides 15 GB of storage space to save the data.
How to Backup Outlook Emails to Gmail?
In the following section, we consider the ways to transfer Outlook emails to Gmail. Here are two techniques- first one is a manual method to move Outlook emails and another one is an alternative solution to backup Outlook emails to Gmail. We will explain these methods one by one.
Manual Method to Transfer Outlook Emails to Gmail
To transfer emails manually, you need the Outlook application. So, first install the app on your device. Follow these steps to move Outlook emails to Gmail-
- Firstly, Open MS Outlook on your system
- Now, click on File tab and go to Open & Export and select Import/Export option
- Then, select Import from another program or File from Import/Export Wizard and click on Next button
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tab on Next
- After that click on Browse to save the PST file and click on Finish button
- In Outlook, Go to File tab and click on Add Account and choose IMAP option
- Enter your Gmail credentials and click on Connect
- Now your Gmail account is configure with Outlook, you can view all the folders of your account
- Then, right click on the Gmail mailbox folder and select Create New Folder Option. Give any name to the newly created folder and click on Ok button
- To transfer your imported PST file folder, right click on it and select Copy option
- After that select the newly created folder in Gmail and click on Ok
- Import process will get started. You can view the emails in Gmail after the process completion
Limitations of Manual Method
You can import the Outlook emails to Gmail manually but the method has some drawbacks. Some of them are-
- The method requires time. So it is such a time consuming process.
- It contains some technical steps, so it is not easy for non technical users.
- In manual methods, there is always a chance of data loss.
- It does not support transfer of data from multiple PST files.
Expert Solution to Backup Outlook Emails to Gmail
We all know that manual methods have some drawbacks, to neglect them we use a professional method to complete this task. So, we bring direct Outlook emails to the Gmail tool known as Corbett Email Backup Wizard.
This tool overcomes all the limitations of manual techniques and transfers Outlook files to Gmail and all other IMAP Mail Servers directly. The software to backup emails from 209+ mail clients and Web Servers with all attributes. The email backup tool allows users to save data in multiple formats such as EML, PST, MBOX, PDF, CSV, TEXT, HTML etc. without any data loss.
The tool provides a search option to backup selected emails. It allows you to move mail to mail servers. The tool downloads emails from any cloud servers to your local computer hard drive. It allows you to extract attachments, email addresses, phone numbers also.
Email backup tool allows you to sort emails by parameters like date, subject, from, to, time, etc. it enables you to backup your email files without altering the hierarchy of email folders. The tool makes sure that your files are unaffected by the backup process. This tool is capable of backing up multiple files at same time.
Steps to Backup Outlook Emails to Gmail Using Tool
- Firstly, Download and Run the tool on your local system and click on Open button
- Now, Click on Email accounts and select Add accounts
- Then, Add your Outlook email address and password and click on Add button to take backup
- The software is loaded files and folder from your Outlook account, you can enable the Compact View button to view the important folder for backup
- Click on Email to view the Message Preview with all the elements such as Email properties, sender information and more
- Click on Content option to see the full body content of the email message
- Select Message Header option to view the detailed routing information of the message
- Click on Hex View option to see hexa-decimal digit of the email
- Select Raw Message option to see preview of selected email in raw message file format
- You can also apply the Advance Search option. All Search options give the information within the email like calendar & date and Emails Search option for information from such name, subject, cc, to, content etc.
- After that click on Export button and select Gmail from email services for backup process
- Now click on Browse button to save the emails
- You can apply the Advance option of the software such as- Open folder after export is done, Skip grayed out folders, Create empty folders, Delete old folders etc.
- At last click on Save button to start the backup process
- Now you can see the live status of backup process
- After Export is done, you can Open the folder to view the output
In the above article, we have discussed the techniques to backup Outlook emails to Gmail without any problem. Here, we explained two solutions to transfer Outlook emails to Gmail- Manual and Professional Methods. There is a choice for you to choose any methods as per your requirements. However, the manual process has some limitations like technical steps, lots of time, single file for backup etc. So, experts prefer alternative solutions to import Outlook emails to Gmail without any data loss.