If you don’t know how to repair corrupted mailbox Exchange 2013 then this article is only for you. Here, in this write-up, we will guide users and provide information to repair the corrupt Exchange 2013 database mailbox via New-MailboxRepairRequest PowerShell cmdlet.
Exchange mailboxes plays a vital role as it stores important information such as: mails, notes, tasks, calendars, contacts, journals, etc… and all the mailboxes are stored in EDB file which is the main repository of Microsoft Exchange Server. Also, it is prone to corruption.
If any Exchange database or mailbox gets corrupted or damaged then users won’t be able to access it because it becomes inaccessible. It would disrupt the work flow of users and there is a risk of data loss when it is corrupted.
Know more: How to Backup Gmail mailbox attachment?
There are numerous reasons of due to which corruption occurs such as:
- Exchange Server crash
- Virus Attack
- Human error
- Software & Hardware failure
- Power Outage
- Jet Engine error, etc…
These are some of the major reason because of which corruption occurs. If any user or company lose their Exchange data then then have to face its repercussions too like – heavy financial loss, clients or users may lose their trust, they have to face legal penalties or charges, their reputation will be stake, etc… To avoid all this issue or trouble that’s why it is very important to repair corrupt mailbox Exchange 2013.
Solution for How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2013
You can use the New-MailboxRepairRequest cmdlet which detect & fix the Exchange mailbox corruption issue. Users can use this Exchange PowerShell command on a particular mailbox or all the Exchange database mailboxes. You cannot access the mailbox which is in repairing process and after the repair request is executed the only way to stop it is that user have to dismount the Exchange database.
Learn more: How to Recover corrupted OST File Emails?
For the database level repair there should be only one request which can be active on the server and for the mailbox level repair only 100 request can be active on server. We are doing this to avoid the performance problem.
Use New-MailboxRepairRequest Command to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2013
1. Insert the cmdlet given below to detect & repair all the folder view for the Exchange database mailbox i.e. Bob@example.com
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox Bob@example.com -CorruptionType FolderView
2. Execute the command provided below to only detect & provide the report on the ProvisionedFolder and SearchFolder corruption issue for the Russ mailbox
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox russ -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder -DetectOnly
3. To detect as well as to repair the AggregateCounts for the EDB mailboxes on this mailbox database i.e. Mailbox-Database01
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database Mailbox-Database01 -CorruptionType AggregateCounts
4. Use the cmdlet given below to detects & repair all the corruption types for the joe Exchange mailbox and archive
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox joe -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview -Archive
5. Then the command provide below user have to create variable which identifies the Monika mailbox & then then use this variable to specify the value given in the cmdlet parameter i.e. Database and StoreMailbox to create the request to detect & repeat all the corruption types.
$Mailbox = Get-MailboxStatistics monika
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database $Mailbox.Database -StoreMailbox $Mailbox.MailboxGuid -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview
Note: Sometimes due to corruption the Exchange database goes into dismounted or offline state and the Exchange New-MailboxRepairRequest command only repairs the on-premise Exchange mailbox. So, to repair the offline or dismounted you can use the advanced solution given below.
How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2013 from Offline EDB file Via Automated Wizard?
Users can use the Exchange Server Recovery Software which is designed and developed with advanced algorithm and used by many IT Experts, Exchange and Novice users. It supports Offline / dismounted EDB file (Public & Private) and provide Quick and Advance scan mode option which recover Exchange database from minimal and major corruption without using any command in a simplified manner.
Users can export the recovered Exchange database mailboxes directly to the Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 mailboxes, Office 365 and multiple file formats (PST, EML, HTML, MSG, PDF, MBOX).
Working Steps to Repair Corrupt Mailbox Exchange 2013 from Offline EDB File
- First, Download >> Install >> Run the automated utility
- Then, click on the add file button >> Load Offline Exchange 2013 EDB file >> Select advance scan mode option >> Click on the Add button
- Preview the recovered Exchange 2013 database mailboxes >> Click export button
- Select the EDB mailboxes and export to the desired export option
Bringing It All Together
In this article, we have described the complete information on how to repair corrupted mailbox Exchange 2013 by using the solution provide here.
To repair the corrupt mailbox from Exchange Server 2013 and other version use the manual solution and in case you have to repair the offline corrupted Exchange 2013 EDB file choose the advanced solution given in the above section which easily repair the minimal and highly corrupted Exchange database file without any hassle. According to the user preferences you can select the solution mentioned here and repair the corrupt EDB mailbox without any hindrance.