Right now, with internet being a common medium to gain information, people are becoming more and more used to the world of cyber. So, there is always an instant growth in the field of cyber bullying. Such stages mainly take place among the high school and middle school students. It will include the proper use of the information technology like cell phones, computers or even social media websites. The main aim of this bullying is mainly to harass, threaten, annoy or even humiliate another person in question. There are multiple times when you might be charged with the cyber bullying crime. If you have been charged like that, then you are always asked to get hands on the cyberbullying lawyer to get some help in this matter.
Some examples to understand cyber bullying:
Cyber bullying will not have to be any sort of threat of any physical violence. But, it can actually affect the person through verbal electronic posting or even any sort of transmission of any image. This image might allege or depicts that the victim has committed some form of humiliating act. Exposing any sensitive information online or through texting which the victim doesn’t want to reveal will always be considered to be type of cyber bullying in this regard.
- If you are associated with this field of cyber bullying for the first time, then some examples might always be sorted out as the best help you could have asked for. Posting any kind of offensive or embarrassing videos of anyone can be considered as bullying.
- On the other hand, threatening someone by texting or email is also considered as bullying. Hacking right into someone’s social media site and then posting embarrassing or derogatory messages will be marked as bullying as well.
- Moreover, transmitting personal, offensive or even confidential information about anyone online or through cell phone can also be marked as cyber bullying types for sure in here.
Head towards the possible charges:
Just after learning about the ideas of cyber bullying, you have to learn more about the possible charges placed against such cases. If you are looking to know more about the possible charges associated with cyber bullying, then be sure to get along with Lawyer for Cyber Bullying for the same.
- Any person who will commit any form of cyber bullying crime by using any electronic device can be will charged with specific crime of cyber bullying in some states.
- They can further be charged with some of the general offenses including criminal harassment, civil rights violations, terroristic threats and even domestic violence like internet stalking.
- Any victim of such issue can pursue civil remedies like invasion of privacy, suit for defamation, intentional or even negligent infliction of the emotional distress.
During such instances, a civil lawyer with proper experience in defamation defense, First amendment Cases or Personal Injury Actions might be hold essential for the said accused.
Do you think this cyber bullying to be a crime?
There is always one considerable debate in the Cyberbullying Law area as to whether the field of cyber bullying can be considered to be a crime or not. Even if it is, then you should know if whether it might be codified or not. Some of the states will have certain instances of the field of cyber bullying a crime, but one popular conflict is still arising in here with the First Amendment rights. It arises mainly with the legislation that will restrict fee speech, mainly if the language of the law is vague or just open to some interpretations.
In case the harassing behavior will lead targeted victim to commit suicide or ensure extreme emotional turmoil or even lose the current status of employment, then the behavior of the offender is likely to be considered as criminal offense, to say the least.
More about cyber bullying:
Any offender under the age of 18 will be charged in juvenile court in case the issue seems to be a severe one. For other offenders above the age group of 18, most of the states will cube bullying law will treat offence as misdemeanour. No matter whatever the case might be, cyber bullying is the last thing to be associated with.