As you might know, Yoga is practiced in multiple styles based on different variations. Each style has its unique identity and mostly also has a different domain. For example, some of the yoga styles focus on spirituality, while some focus on physical strength and flexibility, while some of the yoga practices also focus on body health and fitness. Two of the most common types of yoga practices are hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga. They are based on two different yoga ideologies that are why they are separate and have many differences. Here is your guide for the differences between hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga.
What is the Difference between Hatha Yoga vs Vinyasa Yoga?
Vinyasa yoga is the type of yoga practice that not only focuses on the poses but also the transition between poses or the movements as well. Vinyasa yoga is considered good for those who want calmness and peace.
Vinyasa yoga is comparatively faster as you switch between the poses and keep moving during the practice.
Vinyasa yoga is not only different from other forms of yoga because of its movements, or poses, but also because of the ideology, philosophy, gurus, and thought process.
Hatha yoga is known as slow yoga. The word Hatha translates into forceful, or willful. This yoga focuses more on the strength building and physical health of the person who is practicing or learning to practice this form of yoga.
Similar to vinyasa, it is also a separate form of yoga, it has its own strategy, philosophy, and gurus. The thought process in hatha yoga is also different from other forms of yoga practice as it has different goals and helps you achieve them by providing a way that leads towards achieving these goals.
You have learned the basic difference between hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga, now it is time for you to learn about the differences in the benefits of these two forms of yoga practice.
Know more: Why Diet Is as Important as fitness?
Benefits of Vinyasa Yoga:
Here are the benefits of vinyasa yoga practice.
- As you know, during the practice of vinyasa yoga, your body remains in a steady motion and your practice is a bit faster. This movement helps your body get in perfect physical shape. So, if you are trying to lose weight, or want to get into a better body shape you should use vinyasa practice.
- Due to the constant moving, the muscles in your body stretch at a proportional rate, this helps make your body more flexible and stretchable. This flexibility can help you get rid of the back pain, or pain in any other muscle.
- Vinyasa yoga can also provide calmness and a sense of freedom. This is possible because of the philosophy of vinyasa yoga. This philosophical knowledge and incorporation of this knowledge into the physical practice of poses help you get in-depth benefits related to spirituality and mental health.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga:
Here are the benefits of hatha yoga practice.
- Hatha yoga forces your body to work at an extreme level. This provides more stretch and the slow movements during this stretch allow your body to reactivate the deactivated muscles in your body.
- As you focus on your breathing during the hatha yoga poses, you connect deeply with your inside. It has multiple spiritual benefits for you.
- Enhanced breathing exercises provide extra oxygen to your body that is used for various activities. This helps your body become more active as oxygen provides the required energy for these activities.
- Not only that, but it also helps your body muscles to quickly recover from the injuries. So, it reduces the time of your physical recovery in case of any injuries. It can also help increase the pace of the internal healing process in your body.
Conclusion; How to select the right type of yoga style for you?
Both hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga are perfect for anyone who wants to start practicing yoga. Knowledge of both of these will help you decide which one you should choose. If you are interested in spirituality, or physical health, or body flexibility. You should choose according to your goals instead of the suggestions from other people.
Also Read: What Are The Health Benefits Of Moringa?
There are a lot of places where you can learn to practice these two forms of yoga. You can also get certification and teach these forms of yoga as a teacher. You should select your form of yoga practice and your teachers with great consideration.
There are also some online and offline hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga teachers and ashrams, that offer the best quality of yoga training. One such yoga ashram is the Arhanta Yoga Ashram. It is an Internationally renowned yoga ashram that not only offers offline Hatha and vinyasa yoga classes but also online as well. You can join their course through their website. We hope you liked the article on hatha yoga vs vinyasa yoga.