The domain authority or DA is an important factor for any website. The DA has to be scored between a range of 0 to 100. And the higher it is for your website the better. For the uninitiated, the number indicates how well your website will rank on various search engines. It is not the same as the ranking score that is used by Google. You can spend hours and hours online with your Frontier service, trying to pinpoint the actual ranking factors. But Google’s algorithm will always be a mystery.
Most of the companies, including Moz, are trying to stimulate the ranking algorithm of Google. They are considering every possible factor that can affect Google rankings. We are going to discuss some essential and promising tips to improve your domain authority.
Top 7 Tips to Effectively Improve Your Domain Authority
- Work on Improving the Off-Page SEO
- SEO Optimization of Your On-Page Content
- Work on Improving the Technical SEO
- Ensure that Your Site is Mobile Friendly
- Improve the Page Speed
- Increase Social Signals
- Stay Patient
Let’s discuss them in some detail.
Work on Improving the Off-Page SEO
The link profile is perhaps the most significant metric among all others. Sites, which have a clean and strong profile have a higher domain authority score than those which don’t have a good link profile. A website has a strong link profile when it has:
- Incoming links from websites of high authority.
- Incoming links from related sites.
- Links from many unique domains.
- No bad or low-quality links.
Therefore, work on removing bad quality links from your profile. Try to gain good quality links from other related sites. And work on making your link profile better and stronger.
Work on the SEO Optimization of Your On-Page Content
After you have worked on improving the off-page, the next step is to improve the SEO of your on-page. The SEO of on-page is all about optimizing your content and page. Some of the most important factors which you should consider working on are:
- Optimized descriptions and titles.
- Using heading (both, H1 and H2) properly in your content.
- Work on better SEO-optimized permalinks and URL structures.
- SEO optimizing all the visuals such as images and videos on your site.
- Imply the power SEO strategy of adding internal links.
- Using keywords organically within your content and not stuffing them.
- Better formatting for better ranking.
Work on Improving the Technical SEO
Work on keeping the technical SEO correct from the very beginning. So that you don’t have to deal with it later. Although it is a low-level SEO task, it has a massive impact on the rankings and Domain Authority.
Some of the crucial SEO settings, which you should essentially check are:
- Registering your site with tools like Bing Webmaster and Google Search Console.
- Check the robots.txt settings. Use Fetch and Google. Make sure that Google and all other search engine spiders can easily crawl your site without encountering any problems.
- It would be a great idea to migrate your site to https.
- Consider adding schema (structured data info) to help Google and other search engines in understanding your content’s context.
- Ensure having a well-defined breadcrumb menu on all the pages
Ensure that Your Site is Mobile Friendly
This is no longer an option. Consider it mandatory! And here is why we are saying that:
- Mobile searches are about 60% more than desktop searches.
- Seasoned searchers would start their search on a smartphone and then usually continue it on the desktop.
- Google is currently working on an index called “mobile first index”. It doesn’t include the sites, which are not mobile-optimized.
- Mobile optimization or friendliness is actually a ranking factor when it comes to Google’s mobile SERPs.
- If you don’t have a mobile-friendly website, your site will have a negative impact on the overall DA Score.
Improve the Page Speed
Page speed is one of the well-known signals when it comes to Google’s ranking algorithm. If the loading speed of your website is faster, it will have an additional advantage over the slow-loading websites. Having a fast page speed will not improve your DA score or rankings. But it does translate to more leads, sales, and signups. Here is what you can do to improve your site’s load speed:
- Remove all the unnecessary plugins.
- Get a report on the performance of your server by your hosting provider. Upgrade to a better and powerful server if need be.
- Upgrade all the plugins and WordPress to the latest versions.
- Work on optimizing the file size of all the images on your site.
- Consider using a caching plugin.
- For videos, consider using a streaming service such as YouTube.
Increase Social Signals
Although they are not the part of Google’s ranking algorithm officially, there’s an obvious coloration between the pages ranking higher on social signals and Google. Popular pages on Google tend to have many shares, likes, and tweets. In order to increase your DA, here is what you need to do:
- Work on your Facebook profile and try to have more followers.
- Ensure having an active and strong social media presence across different social networking sites. In this way, the content that you post will have more traction.
- Work on the quality of content that you share on social media and make it catchy and interesting. This will increase the shares and likes.
- Make sure you have all social media buttons placed on your website pages. This will make it easy for visitors to reach and share your content.
You should know that increasing the Domain Authority is not a piece of cake. It is not as easy as subscribing to Frontier FiOS Internet. It can’t be done overnight. You need to set realistic goals for yourself. Moz crawlers will take their time to read as well as evaluate your site after you have made any of the aforementioned suggested changes. Therefore, you need to be patient with the results.
Leave a comment