Convincing the visitor of your e-website to purchase something is a challenging task. The journey from a visitor to a customer is indispensable, to influence your customers to pick up something from your e-store it is very essential to guide them towards the right perspective.
A well-optimised conversion funnel encourages potential buyers into becoming regular buyers. Crafting a conversion funnel that keeps your user from dropping off is a skill. As a marketer, you are obliged to supervise the potentials through this funnel to users to cease or at least decrease the dropping rate.
Consumers, buyers, subscribers and potential buyers all of these categories are attained with help of information that is easily available, attractive and in abundance on your website. With the multitude of effortlessly obtainable content, visitors of your website are dazzled with the amount of relevant and relatable information they see on your site.
And so it is the dire need of an e-commerce website to optimise its conversion funnel and generalise it in a way that it suits the needs of every type of user. A conversion funnel is not something direct and rigid but rather a kind of roadmap that is more flexible and that approaches every user in its unique sense.
What is a conversion funnel?
Conversion funnel refers to a corridor that a customer or user takes on your website before reaching the cart and purchasing it. There are 4 stages of a conversion funnel and at every stage users quit, technically phrasing -dropping off which is obvious. The only way to decline the dropping rate is optimising the funnel so as to keep the user engaged till the purchase.
Stages of a conversion funnel
- The landing page (acquisition): The user lands on a page by clicking the notification, email or message they receive from a website. This stage can be called an interest visit because the user finds the message attractive and interesting and thus wants to pursue it further by clicking on the link.
- The product page (engagement): At this stage, the user begins to search products of their interests and needs either to check prices to explore the features of the website. Or considers the product if he is willing to buy it.
- The shopping cart (retention): This stage is the see-saw between buying and not buying. User adds the product in the cart but at times is indecisive about whether to check out or not. Dropping rate in a conversion funnel is second highest at this stage after the landing page stage.
- Purchase (monetization): This is the final stage, if your user reaches here, then you can consider it an accomplishment as this is exactly where we want to guide our customers to.
Only 40 to 50 percent of users reach the product page from a landing page, most of them drop at an earlier stage as they don’t find it interactive, intriguing and nothing to feed the curiosity of customers. It’s like they clicked expecting Gold but received only coal.
According to research, only 2 out of 100 visitors buy products from a website. Which in fact is a good conversion rate. The main reason why people abandon carts is the hidden price -delivery charge or tip or tax that annoys customers to an extent that they drop off leaving behind the product without checking out. Thus cost transparency is very important in that matter.
Optimisation of your conversion funnel is something which is in your hand, to reach a grade higher in this competitive industry it is very important to capitalize on a marketing strategy. Presently, web push notifications are ranking the trail. It is the fastest and easiest method in the e-commerce industry that is successfully spawning a healthy amount of revenue.
Here is how you can optimise your conversion funnel using web push notifications at every stage. But before,
Why web push notifications?
Web push notifications are so far the best marketing channels, highly responsive, engaging and profitable. These notifications are tailored to serve each user uniquely and to provide pertinent and relevant information to the respective users.
The crafting of push notifications makes them desirable enough to snack on. They reach users in real time and have high click rates. Using push notifications interaction with the user is possible even if the user is not active on the website. And most of all push notifications have high engagement potential. But to avoid dropping off it is very integral to make sure that these notifications are not spamming the user .
All this requires perfect optimisation skills at every stage of your conversion funnel.
Web push notifications work seamlessly to establish connection with the website users, once they visit your page. Push notifications have a large reach and thus it reduces your customer acquisition cost. But this does not mean that in any sense other marketing techniques can be abandoned. You can leverage those techniques to make your user opt-in for notifications so that you can build a bridge to stay connected with your users.
Fundamentals of a competent push notifications technique:
- Interactive, crisp, and informative content for push notification, messages and website content is very important
- Customising your website, making it user friendly and easily available on search engines.
- Leverage your other marketing techniques like e-mails and sms and implant the link of the page you want users to visit. You can even use these strategies to direct your customers to opt-in for notifications.
- Advertise your brand on multiple social media platforms.
- After the user visits your website make them opt-in for the notifications.
A visitor lands on a webpage because of the interest you created through various modes. It is at this point very crucial to have an interactive database that users find interactive. As it is at this stage the dropping rate is the highest of all, therefore it is very important to have interactive content. Also, once the user opts-in, you can send them notification regarding latest updates and trigger re-engagement of your user.
A mere visit is not enough, customer’s regular engagement is pivotal. You can keep your users engaged with the website using push notifications without much hassle. There are a few rudimentary things that you should implement to get the best out of them.
· Welcome notification – a greeting message, it is the first step towards building a connection with users and giving them a reason to remember you.
· Images and thumbnails – use visuals to make them vibrant and let pictures do the talking.
· Call to Action- do not forget to add call to action buttons to nudge your users to increase CTR.
· Segmentation – Bifurcate your users on the basis of their choices and interests and send notifications personalized accordingly.
· Triggered campaigns- send automated, segmented notifications to your users under different campaigns instead of sending each notification manually.
Engaging customers and retaining them both are a complex task. Retaining customers is relatively difficult if they are not satisfied with your service or they do not feel the need to buy anything more. But push notifications can help you lure them to return to the website.
Here are some types of notifications that bounce back the customers to the website.
· Personalised notifications
· Price-drop alerts
· Sales offers
· Cashback offers
· Sending latest articles (blogging websites)
· Stock alerts
Once your customer has walked through the funnel it is here that you need to bring them, all your efforts and retention and engagement techniques will turn into revenue when your potential customer finally checks out. Push notifications work as an ideal service in maintaining customers throughout the funnel.
Cart abandonment notifications and FOMO techniques when applied in push notifications create a huge impact on user’s will to buy the product caused by the fear of loss.
Did you know EnageAsap is where you can call an end to such a hassle of managing all these complexities. EngageAsap helps you optimise push notifications in a better fashion. Besides, we believe that notifications promoting visits and sales are not enough. A personalized connection to delight customers with push notifications like asking for reviews, boosting confidence, encouraging them about their choice and many more, also increases the engagement of your customers.
Get a quote on EngageAsap for very reasonable prices and top quality push notification services.