Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is the flagship program of the Government of India launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015. The government of India aims to provide affordable housing solutions to people in both the urban and rural areas under PM Awas yojana by 2022.
The scheme unequivocally assists both the poor and economically weaker sections of society. It has two categories; PMAY – Gramin, and PMAY – Urban.
Know more: What is Rythu Bandhu Pathakam?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin will assist people in obtaining home at a subsidized rate in rural parts of the country. Similarly, people residing in the urban parts of the country can register themselves under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban to get a dream home in an urban locality.
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
With a population of over 1.2-billion people, providing shelter to everyone is a tough task. However, the government took the challenge aiming to provide shelters and pucca homes to all eligible beneficiaries spread over 4034 cities across India.
The PMAY scheme is working in tandem with the Central Nodal Agencies to assist all eligible families to get their dream homes at villages, states, and Union Territories in the next couple of years. Depending upon your residence, you can register yourself with either PMAY – Urban or PMAY – Rural.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
You can easily apply for PM Awas Yojana via both online and offline modes. Under offline mode, you have to fill out a specified form after paying Rs. 25 + GST. Mind you, only authorized government-run listed centers can provide you such forms.
Filling out any other forms is a complete waste of time and money. The government won’t accept any other kinds of forms other than the one specified above.
You can also fill out the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online by following steps;
- Log on to http://pmaymis.gov.in.
- Identify the criteria under which you wish to apply.
- Mention your Aadhaar Card details wherever prompted.
- Fill out other necessary details relating to your permanent address, family information, annual income, occupation, tax details, etc.
- Recheck all the information submitted above.
- If everything is okay then you can click the submit button.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
Whoever wants to take the benefit of PMAY has to be eligible for that. The government of India delineated the rules and eligibility criteria for that. If you are eligible, then you should apply for the scheme immediately.
Your economic condition, housing requirement, and income are the three key factors in determining your eligibility for the scheme.
Under EWS/ LIG Criteria
- Your annual income is within the range of 3 to 6 lakh per annum.
- You applied for the scheme after July 2015.
- If you haven’t applied earlier, then you can still apply.
- The EWS (Economical Weaker Section) and LIG (Lower Income Group) category will get a carpet area up to 30 sq mts. and 60 sq mts respectively.
- Your age shouldn’t cross 70 at the end of the final repayment of the loan amount.
Under the CLSS (MIG-I) Scheme
- Your annual income is around 6 to 12 lakh.
- The maximum subsidy amount that you can claim is 4% up to 9 lakh.
- You can get a carpet area up to 120 sq mts.
- At the time of repaying the final installment of the loan, your age shouldn’t cross 70.
Under the CLSS (MIG-II) Scheme
- Your income comes within the bracket of 12 to 18 lakh per annum
- You can get a credit-linked subsidy of up to 12 lakh only at 3%.
- The maximum loan repayment period is 20 years.
Some Other Common Rules
- You can’t apply under any of these schemes if your spouse or unmarried children already own a house in India.
- If you ever purchased a home under any government-sponsored scheme in the past.
- You can’t apply for the scheme if there is no female head member in your family.
- The possession of a valid Aadhaar Card is essential.
- The house will be allotted to you in the listed cities earmarked by the government for this purpose.
Which Documents Are Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
You must have the following documents in hand at the time of applying for PMAY.
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter Id Card
Proof of Address/ Residence
- Life Insurance Policy
- Aadhaar Card
- Rent Agreement
You have to provide ample proof to the government regarding your employment status. You can be either self-employed/ business partner/ Salaried Employees.
- Certificate of Commencement of Business in case of self-employment.
- Employment contract letter issued by the company in terms of salaried employees.
- Salary slips of the last six months.
- The bank statement of the last six months reflecting your receipts and payments.
- Income Tax Returns Statements.
- Salary slips of the last six months.
What Is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin?
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMGAY) will specifically create homes for the poor and economically weaker sections of the society in rural parts of the country. It is managed by the Ministry of Rural Development.
The central government and the respective state governments will bear 60% and 40% expenses respectively towards building homes for them. However, the share of the central government will be 90% in the case of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and the North-Eastern States.
What Is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural?
It’s the same as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin.
What Is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban?
The ministry of Housing and Urban Development is managing PMAY – Urban scheme. It aims at offering affordable homes to urban dwellers by 2022 as per the rules and conditions mentioned under the scheme.
How to Check the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Status?
First of all, you have to register yourself on http://pmaymis.gov.in with all important details as instructed on the site. When the form is complete in all respects, you have to submit it.
You can now check your pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status online by logging on to the same site after every 15 days.
See more: How to Check Rythu Bandhu Status?
Please click the Citizen Assessment section to know if your application has been accepted or not. You will also get an email notification soon to get an official confirmation about your application status.