WordPress is one of the most loved Content Management Services out there because it allows companies to reach out to more people than ever before. For instance, Top WordPress development companies in India like Xornor Technology feel that having a good WordPress strategy can hugely benefit a company. It can lead to higher visibility, brand authority, domain reach, and even conversion rates. All of these are extremely desirable things that every company needs to work towards. So, what’s stopping us from creating the best marketing strategy for WordPress? Top WordPress development companies feel that formulating a proper strategy is where most companies and users fail. This, in turn, leads to ineffective use of WordPress leading to poor results. What if we told you, that you could change all that around? Here’s a look at how to build an effective WordPress development strategy from scratch.
What is a WordPress strategy?
A WordPress development or web strategy is essentially like any other strategy used by companies, in a bid to further their growth. They work the same way as marketing strategies, the only difference being that the web strategy is for online growth. The strategy outlines the path the company will take to improve its brand visibility, conversion, and reliability. It also takes into account all the challenges that the company will have to face from its competitors online and ways to outmaneuver the competition. Furthermore, it works like a digital budget, allocating enough resources for the development of various strategies. Too often, the real problem behind why a company is failing is because they do not set concrete strategies for web development. Since we live in a world where most companies have taken their business online, being able to stand your own ground digitally, is extremely important.
Why you Need an Effective WordPress Strategy?
- It lays down everything you need in one place.
- Top WordPress development companies in India feel that documenting a plan helps you truly understand how to bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- It helps in the proper allocation and usage of resources.
- It helps with numbering the overall objectives of the company.
- It makes it easier to create verifiable goals and objectives.
- It helps in breaking the issue down systematically.
- This leads to fewer impulsive decisions.
- Prepares you for the future by forecasting it.
- Fewer surprises and shocks along the way.
- It improves adaptability and provides a general framework for existing and functioning.
How to Create an Effective Strategy?
- Start off by determining what your marketing goals are and then breaking it down into smaller, more easily achievable parts. To solve a problem, you need to understand what the problem is, and also why solving it is important. Therefore, you need to know what you want to accomplish before setting out to create a contingency plan for the same.
- Your goals can be anything from lead generation to improving your customer satisfaction and engagement. It can be anything along the way of building your content, so make sure you are specific about what you want.
- In order to understand what area to focus on, the best thing to do, as per a top WordPress development company in India, is to conduct an A/B test and then learn from it. Since there are many areas in marketing, you need to study the market and your users to understand where you are lacking.
- A basic plan should go like this.
- Attract customers via creative and SEO-optimised content
- Drive engagement and raise awareness regarding blogs via social media.
- As soon as the visitors start piling, look for ways to interact with them
- Lead generation techniques such as email lists, Facebook shares, and Instagram following need to be present.
- Gain contact information by making use of these lead generation techniques.
- Continue your marketing strategy through their email or social media account, to persuade them to visit again.
- Once you have the plan down, conduct some basic keyword research to understand which keywords to place to SEO-optimise your blogs effectively. Not everyone can reign as the master of a particular keyword. In such cases, you must look for niche keywords, wherein you know you can lead the rankings. Try to incorporate those keywords into your blogs to improve visibility and SEO rankings. This research also helps you understand what sort of content your audience wants.
- Now that you have your keywords, brainstorm for content ideas and try to come up with innovative ways to present content. Go for multiple options instead of sticking to only one kind of content. Mix up short forms of content and longer forms to improve customer engagement.
- After you have your content ready, it is all about posting at the right time. For this, you can make use of some external tracking and scheduling software if needed. Study the market to understand what is the best time of the day to post and do so accordingly to boost your visibility.
- Remember, your job isn’t done as soon as you push the publish button. You need to keep track of your blog or article to see how it is doing. Utilise Google Analytics to analyze your content, and assessing it to locate and improve specific areas that need extra work.